Saturday, June 21, 2008

The DOTTIN perspective

I speak to you of POPS and Locked Cells and I think that some confusion would arise in your mind. Believe me when I say that the system is simple. Really.


This is basically a system of marking with dots as opposed to using bitty numbers in a corner.


Why do I believe that this is better?. Because sudokus per say are about positions on the fixed graph, it really doesn't matter what the value of the number is. Sudoku is a pattern, and DOTTIN takes the pattern a step further, you may say to a micro-cosmic level.


And , because of it being a marking technique all of the other known strategies can be applied through it. I have personally developed the two (locked squares and rows), but there are many other strategies of deeper ramifications that can easily be implemented by the use of DOTTIN.
Next I will show you a pair of gridlocked cells that lead to a pair of columned locked cells that lead to a deductible number in such column.
(scroll up to the next post please)

No comments: